The yearly Nordic collaboration event Hokuo Music Fest and trade mission takes place this week in Tokyo, Japan.
Since 2013, Music Finland has organized Hokuo Music Fest in collaboration with Export Music Sweden, Music Export Denmark, Music Norway and Iceland Music Export. In 2017, Hokuo Music Fest will again bring together Nordic and Japanese music companies representing different genres and sectors of the industry.
As a part of the Finnish-Estonian Finest Sounds initiative, Music Estonia are also joining the Hokuo Music delegation.
Hokuo Music Fest 2017 and trade mission connects Nordic music professionals with their Japanese counterparts, facilitates networking and meetings between the Nordics and the Japanese, and builds Nordic music companies’ export capacity and market knowledge of Japan.
Hokuo Music Fest is held between November 7-10. The event includes:
- Hokuo Music Trade Day
- Hokuo Music Reception – Finland 100
- Hokuo Music Song Camp with Sony Music Publishing Japan
- Hokuo Music Seminar
- Loud & Metal Mania by Hokuo Music with Creativeman
- Nordic delegation, 31 companies and other organisations: management, labels, agents, export offices
- Metal showcase: Temple Balls (Finland), Beaten to Death (Norway), Defecto (Denmark), Eleine (Sweden)
- Song camp with 6 Nordic and 10 Japanese songwriters and producers
- See Hokuo Music's entire Nordic delegation in this PDF document