For the third consecutive year, a jury consisting of professionals in the Nordic music business has chosen 20 young professionals for a place in the spotlight – The Nordic Music Biz 20 under 30 list is here!
A vital part of the rise of new Nordic artists are the teams behind them, and especially the young forces who bring new perspectives, ideas and business models to an ever-changing industry. Therefore, for the third time, the Nordic music business has selected their favorites in order to acknowledge their efforts and hard work.
This year’s Nordic Music Biz’ 20 under 30 will be honored with a ceremony and lunch during by:Larm the 27th of February, where they will be presented with a diploma.
The list of young industry professionals who are, and most likely will continue, putting Nordic music on the map, looks like this in 2020:
- Petter Walther Walthinsen, A&R, Warner/Chappell, Norway
- Agnes Kristiansen, Head of Domestic Repertoire, Sony Music Norway
- Sverre Aksel Eilertsen, Head of booking/ booking manager, by:Larm & Parkteateret, Norway
- Marthe Heggenhougen, CEO and Booking Agent, Vibe Agency, Norway
- Ask Frederik Berg, Co-founder & Project manager, Act Entertainment, Norway
- Magdalena Kellmann, Managing Director, Nora Affairs / Project Manager Nora Collective, Norway
- Christopher Thordson, Commercial Manager & Manager, Ifpi Sverige & Avicii Music AB, Sweden
- Ida Staxenius, Writer Relations, STIM, Sweden
- Atena Banisaid, A&R Manager, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Sweden
- Anton Jansson, Founder & Manager, Slender Management, Sweden
- My Bergman,Booking Agent, Blixten & Co, Sweden
- Andreas Skarpvold, International Export Manager, Universal Music AB, Sweden
- Linda Lundberg, Founder of Checkbox music, A&R and export manager, All Good Management, Finland
- Noora Kärki, Promotion manager (domestic), Warner Music Finland
- Petra Piiroinen, Executive director, Meidän Festivaali (Our Festival), Finland
- Evrim Citirikkaya, Founder/booker, Det Turkise Telt - festival for world music, Denmark
- Cecilie Karpinski, Sync Manager, GL Music Publishing, Denmark
- Kristoffer Winkler, Label & Creative Manager, The Bank, Denmark
- Astrid Storm Thorsen, Universal Music Denmark, A&R Product Manager, Denmark
- Soffia Jónsdóttir, Artist Manager, Iceland Sync Management, Iceland
The Nordic jury consisted of the following people:
Lasse Kinden (Act, NO), Margit Katharine Bøhn (Sony Universal Germany, NO), Daniel Langleite (Knirckefritt, NO), Helen McLaughlin (Head of A&R & Business Development, The Kennel, SE), Jonas Holst (Universal Music Publishing Scandinavia, SE), Anton Waltari (Stim, SE), Jesper Mardahl (Promus, DK), Xenia Grigat (Luger, DK), Signe Tobiassen (Musikundervisning, DK), Unnsteinn Manuel Stefánsson (101 radio, ISL), Signý Leifsdóttir (Music Iceland, ISL), Aino-Maria Paasivirta (Fullsteam, FIN), Rafael Elivuo (Kaiku Entertainment, FIN), Tina Jukarainen (Manage Me, FIN)
The jury’s decision is based on: their company’s growth, their career path, their recognition in the industry, influence in the industry in 2019, artistic development, innovation, concert revenues, sales, streaming, campaigns, radio and television publicity.
NOMEX, the collaborative platform for the five Nordic Music Export offices, is responsible for the awards, and consists of all the Nordic music export offices. Export Music Sweden, Iceland Music Export, Music Export Denmark, Music Finland and Music Norway have all worked together to make this happen.