For the fourth consecutive year, a jury consisting of professionals in the Nordic music business has chosen 20 young professionals for a place in the spotlight – The Nordic Music Biz 20 under 30 list is here!
A vital part of the rise of new Nordic artists are the teams behind them, and especially the young forces who bring new perspectives, ideas and business models to an ever-changing industry. Therefore, for the fourth time, the Nordic music business has selected their favorites in order to acknowledge their efforts and hard work.
This year’s Nordic Music Biz’ 20 under 30 will be honored with a ceremony during by:Larm Festival on the 30th of September.
The list of young industry professionals who are, and most likely will continue, putting Nordic music on the map, looks like this in 2021:
Timothy Collins & Hugo LePrince, Co-Founders & Co-CEO, Creed Media, Sweden
- Lina Pettersson, Head of Agency, Live Nation, Sweden
- Anton Madock, A&R and Marketing Manager, Amuse, Sweden
- Sara Faraj, Label Manager, Asylum/Warner Music Sweden AB
- Amanda Kiflay, A&R, Sony Music Publishing Scandinavia, Sweden
- Erlend Buflaten, CEO and co-founder Propeller Management, Norway
- Ziwer Teli, Artist Manager, GR:OW, Sweden
- Johanna Alem, Head of Event & Promotion, Universal Music Norway
- Julie Rogstad Sandberg, A&R, Sony Music Norway
- Renate Eggan, Project and Communication manager, TEMPO, Norway
- Nikolaj Stavnstrup, Manager & A&R, Escho (Label/Management), Denmark
- Thea Moe, Partner & Co Manager, Glass Management, Denmark
- Jakob Løkkegaard-Friese, MD & Co- Founder, Was Entertainment, Denmark
- Maria Borg, A&R, Discowax, Denmark
- Katarina Julie Madsen, Creative Manager, Edition Wilhelm Hansen, Denmark
- Teea Kasurinen, Marketing Manager International, Universal Music Finland
- Hannes Andersson, Creative Director, Mantik Music Group & CMO, oeksound Ltd., Finland
- Saara Everi, Head of Marketing & Artist manager, PME Records, Finland
- Ægir Sindri Bjarnason, Founder of R6013 venue in Reykjavik and ´Why Not?´ Records, Iceland
- Bergþór Másson, ClubDub, Iceland
The Nordic jury consisted of the following people:
Annika Oksanen (Live Nation), Hildur Maral (Mercury KX/Decca/Universal Music Group), Loui Tornqvist (Edition Wilhelm Hansen (publisher), Diego Farias (Amuse), Amanuel Kidane (GR:OW), Nino Lintermo (Nordic Music Partners), Magnus Bjarni Grondal (Artist and independent PR consultant), Jesper Majdall (Bremen Teater and Hotel Cecil), Jennifer Gunn (MADE Management), Petra Piiroinen (Our Festival), Anna Sjölund (Live Nation Sweden), Nikoo Sadr (The Orchard), Sandra Barilli (Independent project manager and producer), Katja Sønderhauge (Warner Music DK), Magdalena Kellman (NORA/Sony Music).
The jury’s decision is based on the nominee's company’s growth, career path, recognition in the industry, influence in the industry in 2020, artistic development, innovation, concert revenues, sales, streaming, campaigns, radio and television publicity.
NOMEX, the collaborative platform for the five Nordic Music Export offices, is responsible for the awards, and consists of all the Nordic music export offices. Export Music Sweden, Iceland Music Export, Music Export Denmark, Music Finland and Music Norway have all worked together to make this happen.